Skip to main content

Where I came from & Where I'm going

     

      When thinking of myself, I think of someone who is driven to have a successful life. Hi, my name is Jenna and I am excited to be a first time blogger. I am a 20-year-old college student pursuing a bachelors degree in Marketing and a masters degree in Business Administration. I come from a family of four that consists of my mom, dad, and younger sister. I was born and raised in northern Illinois. Growing up I had a passion of competitive cheerleading, and that was all my life consisted of. I would eat, sleep, breathe cheerleading and everything about it. I went from being passionate about my cheerleading, to being passionate about having a successful future. College was never a question in my eyes. My parents always told me that I was going to college, so that was always my plan.
      When I started my college experience I started at the University of Missouri (Mizzou). At Mizzou I was able to experience what college was all about, and even join a sorority. I joined the Gamma Phi Beta chapter, and it was everything I wanted and more. After being at Mizzou for a semester I then went on to Western Kentucky University and finally Columbia College of Missouri. I have a set major now, and I am ready to finish college and have a great life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every End is a New Beginning

"Every story has an end, but in life every end is a new beginning." I think it is important to remember that when one door closes, another one opens. Whether it is a job, relationship, friendship, or opportunities in general, it is hard when change occurs. Often we dwell on the negative, and can't see the new opportunity that has been given to us. I know personally that I don't take change well, I like when my life is consistent and has order. But, I am learning that if my life always stays the same, then there is no room for improvement.  Heartbreak is one of the hardest things a person will go through. It will make you think that you're going to be alone forever. When you're used to being with someone for so long, it is hard to let go of that. These things in life are going to be hard, and there will be bumps in the road. A lot of the times we think that those bumps are going to go on forever, but that is not true. In 10 or 20 years we will look back o

Inspirational Blogs for a New Blogger

      Happy Sunday readers! What a perfect day to sit outside in the sun, and write a blog post. Today I am going to talk about blog posts that have been helpful to me as a new blogger. I think it's important for bloggers to read other blogs because that is the best way to learn how to become a better writer. I enjoy finding new blogs to read because it is more inspiration to me as a writer. The five blog posts I chose were  Self Discovery ,  The Creator ,  Breaking to a New Light ,  Now Living , and  Food-Travel-Fashion .       Each of these blogs have something in common. Each of these blogs talks about motivation and being successful. Self Discovery is a blog about refining life, and realizing that you want to live it to the fullest. This blog was an inspiration to me, because in my life I am pushing myself as hard as I can to achieve my goals. At sometime in this last year of my life, I have changed my attitude and I strive to be my best self. This blog allows me to connect

A Vlog that Inspires Me

      Hey everybody, today is such a beautiful day in Northern Illinois, so I think it is the perfect time for a little motivation. Being my age (20) is a very confusing time in a lot of people's lives. It is a time when you don't know if you're still a kid, or if you should be taking on adult responsibilities. People my age don't know whether they should be planning their future, or savoring their teen years. I found this video great because my goal is to motivate the people around me, and I think this video did a great job at doing that. I was even able to realize some things from this video that I did not think of before. It is important for people my age to set goals and be focused on achieving those goals. College may or may not be apart of a twenty-year olds life, but when I find myself not wanting to do homework I just think about the big picture, which is graduation. Although we may still be young and wanting to have fun, it is important to take time to oursel